Crêpes filled with bananas deliciously accompanied by chocolate sauce.
For the Crêpes
4 cups (400g) all-purpose flour
4 cups (about 1 liter) milk
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter, melted
oil for greasing
For the Filling
3 bananas, sliced
chocolate glaze (see the recipe)
whipping cream to serve (optional)
fresh mint for garnish (optional)
For the Chocolate Glaze
2 tablespoons butter
55g (2 ounces) unsweetened chocolate
1 cup sifted confectioners' (powdered ) sugar
2 tablespoons boiling water
TO MAKE THE CREPES BATTER
1. Put the flour in a mixing bowl and make a well in the center.
2. Add a little of the milk with the eggs. Beat the flour into the liquid, then gradually stir in the rest of the milk, keeping the batter smooth and free from lumps. Add the melted butter and extract vanilla. Set aside.
3. Lightly grease a nonstick pan with just a smear of oil. Heat the pan, pour in about 1/4 cup of the batter. Swirl it around and cook for about 1 minute. Flip the crêpe over with a spatula and cook the other side. Repeat the process for each crêpe.
TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE GLAZE
4. In a small saucepan melt together the butter and chocolate. Stir in the sifted confectioners' sugar and boiling water. Beat until smooth. Add more confectioners' sugar or boiling water to get the desired consistency.
5. Fill the crepes with bananas sliced and drizzle chocolate glaze. Serve with whipping cream, if desired.
Success is most often achieved by those who don't know that failure is inevitable" Coco Chanel