With a hint of zesty orange, these Chocolate Orange Brownies really hit the spot!
For the Brownie
50g cocoa powder
300g dark chocolate
1 orange zest
For the Glaze
100g dark chocolate
3-4 tablespoons whipping cream
Candied orange peel, to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease and line a 19cm square cake pan with baking paper. In a medium bowl, combine the flour and cocoa powder. Set aside.
2. In a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, or using a double boiler, melt dark chocolate, butter and orange zest until smooth. Set aside to cool.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until thick and mousse-like. Gently stir in the chocolate mixture. Gradually and gently fold in the flour mixture, using a rubber spatula.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and cook for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
MAKE THE GLAZE
5. Using a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate with whipping cream. Pour the glaze over the top of the cake. Decorate with candied orange peel.
“your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.” ― Anthony Bourdain