Layers upon layers of decadent chocolate crepes! This delicious chocolate cake is a chocolate lover’s dream!
For the Crêpes:
3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
3 3/4 cups light cream (heavy cream, or half-and-half) plus 1/2 cup more (as needed)
8 large eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (at room temperature)
Butter, melted, for coating the pan
For the Pastry Cream Filling:
2 cups homemade Pastry Cream
3/4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
TO MAKE THE CREPES
1. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, and salt. Add the cream and eggs. Using a handheld tool , whisk until thoroughly combined into a batter that is smooth, lump-free, and a bit frothy. Add the butter and mix until fully incorporated. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
2. Lightly coat an 8-inch crepe pan or nonstick skillet with melted butter. Heat over medium heat. Remove pan from heat; pour about 1/4-cup measuring cup or ladle batter onto the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly. Cook, flipping once, until edges are golden and center is dry, about 30 seconds per side.Slide crepe onto a plate. Repeat process with remaining batter, coating pan with butter as needed.
TO MAKE THE FILLING
3. Warm the chocolate hazelnut spread in the microwave or over a double boiler until it is soft and almost pourable. Whisk the warm spread into the pastry cream, and continue to whisk until it is lump free.
TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
4. In a medium bowl, place the chocolate. Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat (bring just to a boil). Pour over the chopped chocolate, and whisk until smooth.
5. Lay 3 crepes on a cake plate. Using an offset spatula, cover with a thin layer of hazelnut/ cream (2 to 3 tablespoons). Sprinkle with fresh raspberry pieces. Cover with a crepe and repeat to make a stack of 20-25, with the best-looking crepe on top. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hours.
6. Drizzle the Chocolate glaze on top of the cake and let it dripped to the sides. Decorate with the fresh berries. Refrigerate to set the ganache.