Need a quick birthday cake idea? These birthday cake brownies are sure to be a hit at your next celebration!
250g unsalted butter, chopped
250g dark chocolate (good quality), chopped
6 eggs, lightly whisked
670g (3 cups) sugar
60g (1/2 cup) Dutch cocoa powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease and line with parchment paper 20 cm ( 8-inch) pans.
2. In a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder and salt until well combined. Set aside.
3. Using a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don't let the bowl touch the water), melt the chocolate with the butter. Stir together until smooth. Remove from heat.
4. Gradually add flour mixture, stirring just until blended. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
5. Cool for 30 minutes before cutting it into suitable pieces.
6. Arrange Brownies to form a base on a large cake plate. Repeat process by layers a little narrower than the previous one to form a rough little tower. Dust tower with icing sugar. Decorate with flowers.