This Cherry Cheesecake is luscious, creamy, full of cream-cheese and cherries flavors.
2 unbaked pastry shell
butter for the mold
For the Filling
300g cream cheese
200 ml heavy (whipping) cream
2 Tbsp gelatine
2 Tbsp lemon juice
200g confectioners’ (powdered) sugar, divided
2 pinch cinnamon
1. In a saucepan combine 100 ml water and 100 g sugar, Add the pitted cherries. Simmer for 5 minutes. Drain the cherries keeping the juice. Return the juice in the saucepan. Simmer to reduce the juice to half. Pour over the cherries. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F). Roll out 2 disk of pastry. Ease, lay one disk inside a pie plate. Press the dough into the pan so it fits tightly. Flatten the sheet of baking paper and use it to line the pastry case. Then half fill the case with dried beans or pie weights and gently push the beens/weights up against the side of the case to support the edge crust. Bake pastry for 25 minutes.
3. Remove pastry from oven, and carefully lift the baking paper and been/weights out of the pastry case. Return the pastry to the lowest oven rack and bake for about 10 minutes, until a light golden colour. Place pan on a wire rack and allow pastry to cool.
4. Line with parchment paper a square baking pan. Lay the second pastry disk into a 23 cm (9 inch) cercle. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
MAKE THE FILLING
5. In a bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken.
6. In a small bowl, mix lemon juice with 2 tablespoons of water. Add the gelatine. Let stand for about 3 minutes, until spongy.
7. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with gelatine. Add sucre and cinnamon, and mix well. Add the cream.
8. Place the cherries over pastry shell. Spread a cream layer. Place on top the second pastry and finish with cream-cheese mixture. Serve chilled.
“Hunger of the heart is much stronger than hunger for food." ― Amanda Comer