Chocolate Cake with smooth chocolate filling, 3 layers of moist and rich chocolate cake, topped off with a layer of silky semisweet chocolate ganache is the most decadent chocolate cake I’ve ever tried!
For the Biscuit
135g (1 1/4 cups) all-purpos flour
15g (1/8 cup) cocoa powder
150g (1 1/2 cups) caster sugar
For the Filling
200ml heavy cream
200g (7 oz) bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
For the Glaze
80g peanut oil
MAKE THE BISCUIT
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F). Grease and line with parchment paper a 20 cm (8-in). layer cake pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream eggs and sugar until light and fluffy and it has tripled in volume.
3. In a small bowl combine the flour, and cocoa. Gradually and gently fold in the sugar-eggs mixture, using a rubber spatula.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and cook for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
MAKE THE FILLING
5. In a saucepan, place the bittersweet chocolate coarsely chopped. In small saucepan bring the heavy cream to a boil. Pour half of it over the chocolate. Stir gently, starting with the center of the bowl, then going to the edges until the chocolate has melted. Fold in the rest of the cream and let cool slightly.
6. Split the cake into 3 layers horizontally. Spread the first layer cake with chocolate cream followed alternately with a layer of cake, a layer of chocolate cream again, the final layer of cake finishing with a layer of cream.
MAKE THE GLAZE
7. In a small saucepan combine the chocolate and the peanut oil over low heat, stirring. Drizzle glaze over the cake or you can just coat the whole cake Decorate the cake using your imagination.
“Look, there's no metaphysics on earth like chocolates.” ― Fernando Pessoa