A fluffy mouse base with a layer of fruit jelly on top makes this dessert doubly delicious. A mouthwatering no-bake, no-eggs and no-flour dessert!
For The Apricot Jelly
400 ml (14 oz cans) apricot, in natural juice
4 Tbsp granulated sugar
6 Tbsp apricot juice, separated (4 Tbs + 2 Tbsp)
5 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp powdered gelatine
For The Mousse Apricot
4 Tbsp apricot juice
3 tsp powdered gelatine
160g (2/3 cup) Greek yogurt
1 apricot, sliced
fresh mint, optional
whipped cream, optional
1. Line the base of a 23 cm (9-in) springform cake with parchment paper. Drain the apricots, reserving the juice.
Make the Apricot Jelly
2. In a food processor or blender, mix together the apricots, sugar and 4 tablespoons apricot juice. Blend to a smooth puree.
3. In a small bowl, add 2 tablespoons apricot juice. Add the lemon juice, then sprinkle the gelatine over. Set aside, until spongy, for about 3 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, transfer half of purée. Stir in the gelatine. Pour it into the prepared pan. Chill in the fridge for 1 1/2 hours, or until firm.
Make the Mousse Apricot
5. In a small bowl, put the apricot juice. Sprinkle the gelatine over. Let stand for about 3 minutes, until spongy.
6. Mix the remaining apricot puree with the pudding, yogurt and gelatin. Pour into the the springform over the apricot jelly. Chill for 3 hours or overnight.
7. Dip the cake tin into hot water for few seconds and unmold the cake (and upside-dow) onto serving plate. Peel of the lining paper.
8. Decorate with the sliced apricot and mint. Pipe whipped cream around the edge, if desired. Scatter almond slices over top.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. — John Lennon.